Meet my article at “Leaders in heels”
See original article at “Leaders in heels”
Everyone wants to get rich, but not so many people know what they need to do in order to get wealthy. Some people became rich by making one smart investment, but there are also others, who changed their mindset, habits and lifestyle to build their wealth.
Getting rich is not easy, but it’s definitely possible. Building wealth takes serious willpower, long-term vision and discipline.
Firstly, be honest with yourself and answer an easy question “Why do you want to be rich?” Just think about it. Do you want to travel? To have a luxurious lifestyle? To buy a big house? Money is only an instrument to reach some of your goals. That’s why it is really important to know what you want and what your true goal is.
Here are my tips that will help you become wealthy – or at least start you off on the right path:
- Monetise your talents and passions It’s great that you are good at something. I believe you are! If you want to become rich and you have a valuable skill, the best and smartest you can do is to create your business around your talents and passions. Remember, you signed up for something that you know in your heart and in your head that you love. If you love what you do, you are enthusiastic and optimistic about your project or business, you are happy to go the extra mile to make sure you reach your goals. Use your skills and passions to make money.
- Always promote yourself Promotion is one of the most important and most crucial part of any business. Do not be scared to open your mouth. You need your voice to be heard. Feel comfortable to get your name out in social media, local advertising and other marketing methods. Don’t be shy! Focus your attention on your people, who love what you do and feel free to write off those who wouldn’t ever think about supporting you. Do your best and your satisfied clients will be your best promotion and promoters!
- Get a mentor One of the most important keys to success is having a good mentor. It’s a great opportunity to learn from your mentor’s mistakes and avoid making them yourself. Your mentor may notice potential in you that you might not see in yourself. Besides, you can get new network contacts or connections. How can you find a mentor? Just identify successful people in your industry and ask for their advice. Before contacting your future mentor decide what skills or knowledge you would like to develop with your mentor’s assistance. You should always know your goal!
- Set goals Stop dreaming and wishing – define goals instead. Goal setting provides you with a benchmark for determining whether you are actually succeeding and allows you to take control of your life’s direction. Make your goal real – write it and you will not forget about it. You can also post your goals in visible places to remind yourself every day of what it is you intend to do. Set some goals for a week, month and year and write steps you should be taking to achieve them. Making an action plan is very important in goals setting. You need to write out the individual steps, and then crossing each one off as you complete it, you’ll realise that you are making progress towards your ultimate goal. Your goal should motivate you!
- Feel comfortable to ask and communicate Desire to learn and grow is the engine of all wealthy people. Always ask questions and learn from other people’s experience and mistakes. Know what you want to ask and why. Ask yourself what outcome you want to achieve and the impression you want to leave. Begin by making eye contact. You inspire trust and confidence when you look a person in the eyes when you speak.
- There is no such thing as failure “Failure is success in progress,” Albert Einstein once said. Any failure and any mistake is your experience that makes you smarter and stronger. Failure can act as a seed for a springboard to growth. Use it as a mechanism to reset your perspective, make a mental change or embark on a new, much-needed direction. Besides, failure keeps you down to earth, keeps you realistic that results in an explosive energy that breaks you out of constriction and into a highly energetic, creative state when things become clear and new insight is gained.
- Your money should work for you It is such a common personal finance piece of advice that it borders on being cliché, but that’s certainly one of the main rules of all rich people. Here are a few suggestions for your money:
- Open a high-yield savings account.
- Invest it in the market – stocks, futures etc.
- Store it in retirement accounts.
- Choose credit cards with rewards you’ll actually use.
- Invest in real estate.
- Pursue a professional degree or certification.
- Accept criticism Sometimes it is difficult to accept criticism, but think about it as a form of communication, that helps to make your product or services stronger. Do not take it personally and avoid getting into an argument. Turn your words into action to show that you can listen to feedback, respond in the correct way and still get the job done. Use critique to perfect your business model.
- Build relationships with other successful people. It’s one of the best ways to widen a customer base, learn about wealth and business. If you want to succeed, make relationship building a habit. Think of ways to connect with all the people you meet, even if there’s no immediate gain involved. In the long run, this approach will empower you to build mutually beneficial relationships with all kinds of people.
- Don’t forget to give Our greatest successes in life are often found in helping others succeed. Our most lasting and fulfilling achievements are often earned by helping others fulfill theirs. Be open to the people – help by volunteering, being generous, truly listening. Share your success with other people and be sure you will feel real happiness. Enjoy it!